Friday 23 October 2009

Texture painting



I first imported the .png file into photo shop, I created a new layer called guide which I then gave a foreground colour of blue. I then created a layer mask over the top which selected all of the lines, I then gave them a boarder of 4 pixels. Now I started to copy certain parts of the face from my topology photos, e.g. forehead, eye brows, chin, nose and so on.


I then used 3 main tools to help me connect all of the different features

The Lasso tool
The Patching tool
And the Stamping tool








Here is what the head now looks like







Over all I am happy with the out come of my modelled head. I have learnt to use many different tools and techniques in 3ds Max that I have never used before, especially Unwrap UVW. I was a bit disappointed with the hair on my model, In my reference images my hair was spiked up, and I didn’t have enough time to learn the techniques to give that required effect. So I had to make the front of my hair using the patching and stamping tool. I also felt that parts of the facial structure didn’t look like me like my cheek bones and my nose. If I had more time I would and tweaked them to look more like me.
Overall I really enjoyed this project and was please with what I have learnt and its outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment