Thursday 22 October 2009

Creating the Ear

Next I need to create the ear, first I went into Photo Shop to create the topology of the ear, which was done in the same way as before, outlining the features then creating the quads.



And as before when I go back into 3d Max the plane has been updated with the ear topology. Next I hid the head has it would get in the way. I then used the line tool to create the quads, made one spline into editable poly and the attached the rest of the quads.




Now as before I pulled out all the vertices to make this flat shape look like an ear, this is what it looked like with a mesh smooth applied.





Next I unhid the head, I then deleted a few polygons where I will place the ear, next I used the extrude and scale tools to create the back of the ear. I then pulled the vertices which were on the back of the ear towards the vertices on the head. I then attached the ear to the head to make it one element and used the target weld tool to connect the ear to the head.




No comments:

Post a Comment